Saturday, August 21, 2010

Are there any inter-racial couples out there who attend church together?

Do you feel you are treated differently? Are there any churches in your area you know you would NOT be welcome in? Does anybody belong to a church where inter-racial couples attend?Are there any inter-racial couples out there who attend church together?
I attend Catholic Mass with my black fiancee each weekend. There has never been a Catholic church (and I'm not even catholic) at which we felt unwelcome. However, we have on the turnpike seen a sign put up by Protestants claiming interracial marriages are sinful. I'm sure these are the same protestants who burn crosses and wear sheets around their Grand Dragon.Are there any inter-racial couples out there who attend church together?
The church I attend, which is on the North 610 Loop, at the Irvington exit, welcomes interracial


couples, and we have some already, mostly Latino-white, or Latino-black, but also white-black, asian-black, and asian-white.





There are also several grandmothers who bring their grandchidren who are interracial, although the children don't themselves come.








God Bless you and good luck in finding a true New Testament Church where your race means absolutely nothing.
my dad and his gf go to church together. it's a non-denominational church though, so its pretty multi-ethnic. i, on the other hand, do not attend church so i couldn't tell you first hand.





but then too, you have people like my gf's mom, who were taught, and from the bible i might add, that ';races'; should not ';mix';. and until not too long ago, she still felt that way.
Ask former NFL football star Willie Franklin. He currently works as campus and single's minister for a church in the Dallas, TX metropolitan area. Yes, there are places where it wouldn't be welcome, but there are lots more where everyone is the same... Sinners who need God, regardless of their race.





http://www.lewisvillechurchofchrist.org/鈥?/a>





... For anyone who doesn't know them, Willie is black and Pam, his wife, is white.
I'm Hispanic and my husband is Caucasian. I'm brown, he's white. I'm short, he's tall. I'm brunette, He's blonde. My husband and I attend church together. I am the ONLY Hispanic in the Whole church. There is no other race their but whites. Everyone treats me very, very well! When you (the church) is TRULY in the Lord, it makes no difference your nationality, we are all (believers) make up the body of Christ, and that is all that should matter. They see me as their sister in Christ, as I see them my brothers and sisters in Christ. It is wonderful to be able to go to church and be so loved and so welcomed! Praise God!
Well, to start with, I object to the term interracial. There is only one race: the human race. Any couples who have different skin color? I am irish american, my wife is filipina, with dark skin. No one says anything at our catholic church. But this is the northwest, where no one really gives a hoot anyway. . . .
There is a couple in my class at church that is African American and Hispanic. No one seems to mind, I know I don't. Our church doesn't have any problem with interracial couples. Perhaps some of the older folks frown on them, but I don't see it.





Also, one of my best friends is on staff and she's white and her husband is Indian. No one cares.
The church I attended this summer while I was living in the city (away from home for me) had a Korean pastor and his wife was white. It was a small church, about 16 people, but I think the majority of the couples there were interracial.
There are several interracial couples in my ward (local church). It's a non-issue.





EDIT: Actually, the LDS (Mormon) church was NEVER segregated. And everyone has always been able to be a member. Find me another church like that.
My church has several interracial couples as well as interfaith couples as members. They have been members for more than 20 years, so they must be comfortable.
since when was interracial hyphenated?!





And to answer your question - christians are the first people to discriminate. They've been doing it for 2,000 years.
LDS (Mormon) NOT FLDS. We are a world wide Church so there is usually always at least one in every congregation.
I once attended my parents church with my (then) black boyfriend.





That was interesting!
Why should being an mixed race couple even be an issue any more?





It's the 21st century, After all!
Yes , yes and yes


People are people ----hmmmm what is 'race' any way

No comments:

Post a Comment